What Diclofenac Sodium is used for:
Diclofenac Sodium is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
It can be used to treat:
- Inflammation of the bones and joints such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, acute gout and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Back pain.
- Sprains, strains, sport injuries, dislocations and fractures.
- Conditions affecting the tendons such as tendonitis.
- Mild pain.
Do not take Diclofenac Sodium:
- If you’re allergic to the active substance or any other component of this medicine.
- If you’re allergic to other non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including acetylsalicylic acid.
- If you have or ever had a stomach or duodenal (peptic) ulcer, or bleeding in the digestive tract.
- If you have had stomach or bowel problems after you have taken other nsaids.
- If you have severe liver or kidney failure.
- If you have severe heart problems.
- If you ever had a stroke, heart attack, or vessels problems.
- In the last 3 months of pregnancy.